Hospital Equipment Manufacturing Hardware and Parts
- Hospital equipment
- X-ray machines
- Moveable medical equipment
Medical Device Fasteners and Components for Hospital Equipment ManufacturingWashers and other medical device fasteners must be able to absorb shock and vibration, prevent bolt creep and bolt yield, and differential thermal expansion. They are used in a variety of hospital equipment manufacturing including the production of surgical instruments, X-ray equipment, electro-medical equipment, and more.heavy-duty washers provide long-lasting tight connections. Gasketed joints often loosen with time, so it is important to have a washer that provides a high degree of dependability. If a medical device fastener fails, the equipment can also fail, which is especially problematic in medical applications.
Solon Manufacturing Co. provides reliable solutions to the hospital equipment manufacturing industry with thousands of different washer options, including Belleville Spring Washers and flat washers, for unique medical device or cleanroom needs. Other benefits of Solon’s medical device fasteners include:
- No deformation or fatigue under normal conditions
- Predictable load-deflection
- Absorbs shock
- Compensates for vibration
- Maintains bolt preload
Parts and Hardware Material Options for Hospital Equipment ManufacturingStandard material options for Solon washers and other medical device fasteners are listed below. We also provide other materials, including exotics, upon request.
- 510 phosphor bronze: for use with copper bus and silicon bronze medical device fasteners. Has an operating temperature range of -400°F / -240°C to 300°F / 150°C, provides good electrical conductivity and is non-magnetic.
- 6150 alloy and 1074 carbon steel: is fully magnetic, abrasion resistant and has an operating temperature range of -40°F / -40°C to 350°F / 177°C. Suitable for indoor or outdoor applications and in electrical or corrosive environments.
- 301 stainless steel: slightly magnetic with an operating temperature range of -400°F / -240°C to 550°F / 288°C. Suitable for indoor and outdoor use, and in electrical or corrosive atmospheres
- 17-7 PH stainless steel: highly magnetic with an operating temperature range of -400°F / -240°C to 550°F / 288°C. Suitable for cryogenic applications and use in electrical and corrosive environments.
- Inconel 718: non-magnetic with an operating temperature range of -400°F / -240°C to 1100°F / 594°C. Designed for indoor and outdoor service and in high-temperature applications and corrosive environments.
- H-13 tool steel: fully magnetic with a black oxide finish. Has an ambient operating temperature to 1100°F / 594°C and suitable for high-temperature applications and indoor or outdoor environments.
Solon’s cleanroom pressure switches offer heavy duty dependability and employ a PTFE protected diaphragm and have a 2” Tri-clamp fitting. The diaphragm is mechanically connected to the switch mechanism so there is no risk of fill-fluid affecting performance or contaminating the system, which is ideal for sanitary medical applications.
Some additional benefits of Solon’s medical device pressure switches, include:
- Low contamination risk
- Increased pressure measurement accuracies
- Customized solutions
- Made in the USA
- Flexible & compact footprint
- Available range of 2- 3000 psi (10-100 psi for differential)
- Vacuum sensing element
- High max pressure
- 3-way block-and-bleed valve
- PVC housing