Flange Washers Engineered for Flange Applications
Solon Flange Washers are designed to maintain sufficient bolt tension and resultant gasket stresses in high-temperature and high-pressure applications where safety and emission containment take priority.
Solon Flange Washers are simply Belleville springs that are designed to be used in flange applications. The springs are engineered to fit into flange designs and the loads are typically higher than standard Belleville washers.
ANSI Flange Live Loading CalculatorIncrease the value of the live loading system by using our calculator tool to quickly design a live loading system for flange applications. This interactive tool assists with the design of the flange washer system based on inputs relative to flange size, environment and bolting information under normal assembly conditions. Output includes the recommended Solon Flange Washers, stacking arrangement and quantity recommendations and assembly notes, along with quick access to specification reports and the capability to submit a quote request directly to our sales team.
Designed and manufactured by Solon Manufacturing Co., Solon Flange Washers withstand extreme temperatures as well as corrosive environments. Whether you have a custom material specification or unique application challenges, Solon’s
full-service design engineering and production teams can help you with your requirements.
Solon Flange Washers are commonly used in the following industries:
Features & Benefits of Solon Flange Washers:
- Once installed, they don't have to be retorqued
- Eliminate the effects of differential thermal expansion
- Increase the elasticity of the bolting system by a factor of 7 to 15 times
- Economical alternative to costly system enhancements
- Maintain bolt integrity by maintaining the contact pressure between the flange and gasket surfaces
- Comprehensive Risk Analysis - contact our engineering team for a detailed application review
Flange Washer Applications:
- Flange / bonnet gasket live loading
- Actuators or mechanisms
- Cryogenic applications
- Heat exchangers
- Coastal & marine applications
- LNG / FLNG
Case Study: Solon Flange Washers for LNG Applications
Case Study: Solon Flange Washers Solve Gasketed Joint Leaks for Heat Exchangers
Case Study: Solon Flange Washers Solve Gasketed Joint Leaks in Nuclear Power Station Heat Exchangers
Technical White Paper Download: Why Do Gasketed Joints Leak?