Posted Date: April 13, 2021
Status: Full Time
Solon Manufacturing Company, located in Chardon Ohio, a premier designer and manufacturer of Belleville spring washers and industrial pressure switches is seeking a Quality Manager to focus on the continuous improvement of quality products, processes, and suppliers; and is responsible for overseeing the company’s quality management program. This person will maintain all facets of the quality system to the current ISO 9001 standard, respond to customer and supplier issues through formal problem-solving techniques, drive continuous improvement through Lean manufacturing principles, and develop and manage a team of qualified personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages the Quality Management System (QMS) and other customer quality requirements with assistance from Top Management, including Management Review Meetings
- Maintains, manages, and provides leadership for the Corrective Action and Nonconforming Product Processes; and root cause analysis (Fishbone, 5-Why)
- Maintains and manages returned goods process (RMA) and Continual Improvement process (OFI)
- Maintains and manages the Incoming Inspection of goods and services
- Maintains and manages the QMS Audit Schedule (Internal and External and Vendor Audits)
- Maintains and manages the Gage Calibration Process (Internal and External)
- Responsible for assuring Critical to Quality (CTQ) requirements are met for in-process and final inspection of products
- Works with Engineering to determine, develop, and/ or test Critical to Quality (CTQ) requirements
- Works with Supply Chain to evaluate current suppliers and identify new supplier and partners
- Drive improvement in critical metrics including customer complaints, scrap, costs of poor quality and corrective actions
- Decision making responsibility to hold or release current production, held product, or returned product, and recommend disposition
- Leads, develops, and trains Quality Department staff
- Trains workforce to basic Quality standards and requirements
- Identify and resolve issues; determine system improvements and work with engineers to implement change
- Develop and support consistent quality standards for manufacturing, inspection, calibration and measurement to meet customer needs
Experiences, Competencies, Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, or Business Administration required, or equivalent experience may be considered
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in quality management role in a manufacturing environment including managing an ISO 9001 System or equivalent QMS systems
- Proficient skills in data collection, statistical problem solving and presentation
- Manufacturing and process control experience required (PPAP and FMEA)
- Six Sigma, Process Mapping and LEAN background, a plus
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Strong knowledge of QA and QC process implementation
Solon Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) offering competitive compensation and first-class benefit options.
Please fill out and submit the following form to apply.