Custom Differential Pressure Switches
Differential pressure switches from Solon Manufacturing do more than monitor the flow of a process fluid. Our DP switches have a frictionless switching mechanism, which amplifies the movement of the switching element. The result is improved life, repeatability, and lower deadbands. Use our low differential pressure switches in any application where you need to monitor the pressure difference between two sources.
Differential Pressure Switch ElementsLow differential pressure switches contain three essential elements. These elements are used in various combinations to manufacture hundreds of deviations and include:
- Sensing element made of either a bellows or diaphragm
- Stable spring to determine the range set point
- Snap-acting microswitch
Low Differential Pressure Switch Working PrincipleUsed for control purposes, a differential vacuum switch is designed to sense a difference in pressure between two pressure sources. When the vacuum pressure from two dissimilar sources in a process is connected to a sensing diaphragm, the pressure difference creates a significant force. The force then moves a balancing mechanism to affect the minimal movement required for micro-switch actuation of the overall low differential pressure switch.
Differential Pressure Switch Features & BenefitsSolon’s differential vacuum pressure switches provide numerous vacuum and pressure actuation benefits, some of which include:
- Differential pressure monitoring and direct switching of electrical loads
- For gaseous, liquid, aggressive, highly viscous or contaminated media, as well as aggressive ambient conditions
- Process industry: chemical, petrochemical, on- and off-shore oil & gas, technical gases, environmental technology, machine building and general plant construction, water treatment, pharmaceuticals
- Pump monitoring and control/filter monitoring, level measurement in closed tanks
Learn more about the Special Features of our DP switches and get started on configuring your part!
Differential Pressure Switch ApplicationsSolon’s differential switches are available in both explosion-proof and weather-tight models to accommodate even the most demanding operating environments. We designed our low DP switches for applications where accuracy, high reliability, safety, and long cycle-life are paramount, such as:
Learn how customers across different industries use Solon Differential Pressure Switches:
- Safe Operation of a Boiler Using Solon Differential Pressure Switches
- Case Study: Solon Differential Pressure Switches Ensure Reliable Operation for Airport Ground Support Equipment
Configure Your Differential Pressure Switch Online or Contact Us for Assistance!
If you have questions about our low differential pressure switch options and features, send us a message or use our live chat feature. We’re here to answer all your questions and help you find the best product for your flow monitoring application.