Custom Built Pressure Switches
Pressure switches sense a difference in air or fluid pressure between two points and send electrical feedback to a monitoring system. They contain a pressure sensing element, either a diaphragm or a bellows, that deforms or displaces proportionally to the applied pressure. That motion is then applied to a set of switch contacts. In some applications, pressure switches are also connected to an alarm that sounds once pressure rises above or falls below the pre-determined pressure level.
Pressure Switches for Gas and Fluid Monitoring SystemsCustom built pressure switches from Solon Manufacturing have a reputation for high performance. Our pressure switches adjust easily for different set points by moving the contacts or adjusting tension in a counterbalance spring. An option of standard, water tight or explosion-proof housings and temperature-resistant components allows our pressure switches to be used in any operating environment.
Options for custom built pressure switches include:
- Pressure Switches: Are used in pressurized fluid application to close an electrical contact when the device senses a rise or fall in pressure. When a difference is sensed, the sensing element deforms to activate a switch that triggers an alarm or flow control mechanism.
- Differential Pressure Switches: Electro-mechanical devices that use differential air pressure to sense the static pressure difference between two sources. When there is a rise or fall in pressure, the internal sensing element deflects and actuates a pre-set electric switch. The pressure switch then triggers an alarm or an automatic shut-off for the system.
- Vacuum Switches: Sense the relative pressure difference between a process pressure and vacuum. They feature a diaphragm and Belleville spring that actuates when a pre-set level is reached and can measure negative pressure.
Configuration Options for Custom Built Pressure SwitchesOur differential pressure switches, pressure switches and vacuum switches can be configured to meet your exact operating needs. Standard configuration options for custom built pressure switches include:
- Model series family
- Housing type, including water tight and explosion proof
- Sensing element
- Type and number of electric switches
- Pressure range
- Special features including trim base, PTFE protected diaphragm, Viton™ diaphragm, epoxy paint, and high temperature components
- Bellows actuated two-way differential pressure
- Diaphragm actuated two-way differential pressure
- Double diaphragm two-way differential pressure
- High pressure-low differential pressure
- High pressure two-way differential pressure
- Special trim diaphragm differential pressure