Solon Differential Pressure Switches are designed to sense a difference in pressure between two pressure sources. When the vacuum pressure from two dissimilar sources in a process is connected to a sensing diaphragm, the pressure difference creates a significant force. The force then moves a balancing mechanism to affect the minimal movement required for micro-switch actuation of the overall low differential pressure switch.
- Designed for low differential pressure applications
- Explosion-proof cast-aluminum housing
- Frictionless switching mechanism, which amplifies the movement of the switching element, resulting in improved life, repeatability, and lower deadbands
- Accommodates up to four full-size SPDT electric switches, which are available in a variety of configurations, including adjustable deadband, DPDT, high/low operation, & manual reset
- Switch configurations can be supplied with low deadband, high direct current ratings, gold contacts, hermetically-sealed contacts
- Standard differential pressure-sensing element constructed of aluminum alloy using a strong Buna-N elastomer diaphragm (other diaphragms and wetted materials are available)
Reliability & Performance
Differential pressure switches are modular and configurable per customer requirement. In addition to the wide range of available features, Solon's Differential Pressure Switch models can be used in applications where pressure difference from a reference pressure must be indicated. Differential Pressure Switch models will sense a low differential on a very high static pressure. Applications that require level sensing, the pressure drop across a filter and two-way pressure differential are well-suited to the Differential Pressure Switch.
Solon Pressure Switches are unique due to their frictionless switching mechanism, which amplifies the movement of the switching element, resulting in improved life, repeatability, and lower deadbands.
Unlike most "inline" pressure switch designs, the frictionless Solon mechanism amplifies the movement of the sensing element.
Solon Manufacturing Co. offers reliable, rugged and robust solutions no matter how simple or challenging your application. As a leading manufacturer of pressure switches since 1960, Solon delivers confidence with every pressure switch product you receive. We are so committed to your satisfaction, that we offer a 10-year guarantee on all pressure switch products*.
*Please read our terms and conditions for full details of our warranty, which is valid 12 months from invoice for workmanship and materials. The Solon Guarantee assures product will function as stated for the life of the product provided product is not misapplied. Products returned under Guarantee claim will be replaced or reworked at the Seller's discretion. Guarantee registration form must be returned to the manufacturer once completed. The form does not need to be completed by a purchaser in order to be valid.